Who wants a puncture? How is the impression, if it happens at the beginning of your vacation journey? A tire puncture is always annoying and boring when you have a schedule for any work. But it will very helpful for you when you keep the best motorcycle tire repair kit with you.
You are thinking about that day, right. You are going to have a great and practical solution if you have fear to have puncture between the journeys.
Follow up: You will get fundamental instructions for using a puncture repair kit in the middle of this article.
A nightmare! Having puncture at the beginning of a journey is an unpredictable problem. If you experience flat tires in the middle of your trip, it will be the worst nightmare ever.
A puncture repair kit can protect you from this nightmare. Read the article completely to know the guidance, tools, and other necessary matters.
Attention: Do not be hurry-reading points only. Repairing a damaged tire in the middle of the road is not a matter of joke.
A Definitive Guide On Motorcycle Puncture Repair Kit
A motorcycle puncture repair kit is essential stuff for every rider. A puncture repair kit carries various tools so that one can repair the damaged tire quickly.
Generally, puncture repair kits are a bundle of tools or things that are efficient to fix any puncture of tires. The different variation of tools varies by a different production company.
You will find similarities in the primary tools. You can choose the staff regarding your needs and ability.
Bike’s puncture repair kit is portable so that you can carry it everywhere you ride. It is little in size that one can hold it comfortably.
To use these tools, you have to know the right instruction. I have enclosed the guidance on how to use the bike repair puncture kit easily.
Let’s introduce the instrument below.
Tools/instruments of motorcycle tire repair kit
- Tire glue: Tire glue is a sticky liquid. It helps the tire string plug to go deep in the tire and attach automatically with the surroundings. You have to use it twice at the time of pressing the string into deep and at the finishing time over the tires puncture area.
- Tire string plug: Tire string plug is a cotton-like object in the shape of thin and tall. The string plug is to put into the deep of the tire. It prevents air from blowing outside of the tire. You have to use it with a plugin search tool along with tire glue.
- Tire reaming tool: The tire reaming tool enables you to make a hole in the punctured tire so that you can find any object into the hole. Before using a tire-reaming tool, pour in some glue in the machine so that you can put it quickly into the tire.
- Plugin search tool: The plugin search tool helps to enter the tire string plug into the tire. It has a parted shape at the top so that you can hold the string into the top and can ensure it may reach into the last portion. You can see the top like teeth shape with a hole to grab the rope.
- Blade or knife: A knife or blade helps to cut the surplus area of the string plug. It is very sharp, so you have to use it carefully.
- Soap water/ water bottle: Soap water may help you to find the air leak easily. You can use regular water also. Soap water is more efficient than water because it creates bubbles at the leak area so that you can find easily where to fix.
- Tire pressure gauge: Tire pressure gauge helps you to measure the air compressor in tires. Whenever you find the flat tire, you may check the air pressure to ensure whether you can ride it or not.
- Air compressor: You cannot find a garage to pump the flat tires. You can find a portable air pressure that can run with your bike’s battery. It may inflate your tires in just a while and ensure your journey.
How to use Motorcycle puncture repair kit
You will get a user’s guidebook with the kit you have bought already. You just need to have enough idea of the tools included in the kit box.
I have enclosed the names of various tools with the specification of the task above.
Let’s Dig into dipper!
How to repair motorcycle puncture using repair kit
Got a flat tire, Huh!
- Step 01:
Get your motorbike in a safe place. You know the differences in sound between fit and flat tires.
Take your bike aside the road where you can fix the tire safely.
Now, look at the flat tire. Which one front or back tire?
- Step 02:
Find the kit where you have installed the box.
Open it and bring out all the tools.
Wait for 10 to 15 minutes to cool down tires. Tires heat up running in the road.
- Step 03:
Take soap water or water to identify, where the air is blowing out.
Turn the leaking tire and spray soapy water over the tire properly.
You will see bubbles coming out from the leaking area. Search for more leakage in the same way.
- Step 04:
Get the reaming tool. Set the sharp sleek top at the leaked point and turn the grabbed handle giving pressure.
You may need to give much force to put it through the tire.
Give force as much as needed. After putting it into the tire, be sure that the hole is good enough to install the string plug.
- Step 05:
Take the plugin search tool on your one hand and string plug in the other hand.
You have to enter a corner of the string plug though the hole at the top. Be sure, the string plug has parted equally on both sides.
Get some tire glue into the string so that it may turn into a slippery object to enter into the tire.
- Step 06:
Pull out the reaming tool and set the plugin search tool at the leaked point. Be sure that you are doing it fast so that no air can blow out from the tire.
Now turn the tool clockwise or anticlockwise to put the majority portion of the string plug into the tire.
Hard! Yup, It takes extreme force to install properly.
- Step 07:
Once you install the string plug, it is time to use the blade or knife. Cut the extra portion of the string
hanging in the air outside the tire.
- Step 08:
Use the gauge to check air pressure. Tires must have at least the limited air pressure to run over the road.
Is it 35 PSI? Below 30 PSI?
If it is below 30 PSI, add some air using an air compressor.
- Step 09:
You can attach the air pressure with your bike’s battery easily. Set air pressure plug into the valve cap properly and switch on.
Wait for a while. You should not wait for a long time. It may add extreme air pressure that may cause tire blasting.
Read the user manual and do it.
- Step 10:
Check out the air pressure again to be sure you have enough pressure to ride.
Enjoy your ride.
Look forward to knowing how to avoid tire puncture.
Best Motorcycle Tire Repair kit 2020
#1. Heavy Duty Tubeless Tire Repair Kit - All in One Tool Kit
All TOOLS Tire Repair Kit is one of the best motorcycle tire repair kits in the market. It provides only a tubeless repair kit with the best quality. The build quality of the tool and clever use makes the repair kit preferable to the repairer.
- Parts: Heavy Duty Tubeless Tire Repair Kit offers a high-quality plier, knife, changeable nipple, gloves, insert tool, a comic type clear instruction book, brown strings, a pressure gauge with an abrasion-free backpack to carry the parts.
- Usage: A consumer can use the repair kit to repair the tubeless tires. Various types of tubeless tires of cars, motorcycle, truck, SUV, and ATV can refit with ALL TOOLS.
- Quality and Compactness: Quality of repair kits depends on the build quality, durability, and reliability of specific tools. It can provide you with all the tools that needed to refit any tubeless tire with a compact bag.
What is the best motorcycle puncture repair kit?
If you go for a tubeless tire user of a car, or a motorcycle, or truck, you can go for ALL TOOLS repair kit to get the best service. They provide you a user manual where you get a clear idea with the picture to use the equipment properly.
The high-quality and durable parts with a plastic handle can help you to use the refit kit and grab the tool properly. The reliability with proper tubeless tools and special pressure gauge place ALL TOOLS is the top of the choice to the users.
#2. Boulder Tools - Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit
Boulder Tools is one of the best repair kits for refitting your puncture with durable brown strings that last for a long time. You can be a motorbike rider, car driver, or ATV owner, and the heavy-duty repair kit can provide you premium service that other packages cannot offer.
- Parts: It is a heavy-duty refit kit consist of 56 items. They focus on high-quality pliers, T-handle insert tool and spiral prove, hex key, knife, jar lubricant, storage case, 30 brown repair cord, and four valve cores. All the tools added here to provide you the best service with proper utilization of the apparatus.
- Usages: You can use the tools for all types of tubeless tire for your bike, car, ATV, jeep, truck or any other vehicles where tubeless tire inserted. Fifty-six pieces of heavy-duty repair kit can help you in any crucial moment while riding.
- Quality and Compactness: Heavy-duty high quality durable stainless steel made tools with a premium quality plier can provide you the best quality tool in the market. Most durable brown string provides a long-lasting facility that black tire plugs cannot offer. The instruments carried in a red box that is quite big from other bringing boxes.
How do you repair a punctured motorcycle tire With Boulder Tools?
At the time of choosing a tire puncture repair kit, you have to focus on the string quality, material of the tools, a compact box to carry, and a proper guide book. It can provide all of those features where you find a comic book as your instruction. Heavy-duty brown string added here instead of black plugs.
People always prefer a proper guideline for using any tools with warranty. Boulder offers people an appropriate book of a guide with a year warranty.
56 pieces of heavy-duty tools can help you whenever you face any difficulties with your tire. Your bike, car, jeep, or truck whatever the vehicles are the Boulder tools can resolve your puncture issue within a moment.
#3. BETOOLL Tire Repair kit
BETOOLL 67Pc Tire Repair Kit is a complete package of tubeless tire refit kit for your motorcycle, bicycle, Jeep, Truck, Tractor, ATV, and all sorts of a tubeless tire. 67 Piece parts included herewith the top quality.
- Parts: It is providing you with 67 parts that other repair kit cannot afford. 67Pc tire refit kit is known as a complete package of all other repair kits in the market. You find a black plastic valve cap, chrome hex valve caps, valve cores, and black plastic valve extended.
All of these parts are four pieces. The package also included some single parts like a T-handle spiral probe tool, insert needle replacement, T-handle insert tool, and a large deflation valve. You get 40 piece repair cords, 4-in-1 valve core tool, utility knife, and so on.
- Usages: It is perfect user-friendly tools for users with a proper guide book included in the box. 67Pc Tire refit can repair all types of tubeless tires of any vehicles. You can fix your motorbike tubeless tire, car, bicycle, ATV, Tractor, Truck, and all kinds of a tubeless tire.
- Quality and Compactness: If I want to talk about quality, then BETOOLL is one of the best quality full tire fixing kits for the durable material and the long-lasting aspects. All kinds of setting tool to repair a tubeless tire are included here with a compact plastic box that can carry very easily.
What is the best motorcycle tire repair kit?
If you need all sorts of items to repair your tubeless tire, then you must go for BETOOLL repair kits. The most user-friendly repair box with a 67 piece part can provide you the best service in the market.
People always look for user-friendly repair kits with proper guidelines. BETOOLL can full fill those needs. A compact plastic box used to carry all the tools with your bike, car, or truck. Most durable built machines with a plastic handle help to repair your tubeless tire as soon as possible in any situation.
#4. GrandPitstop Tubeless Tire Puncture Repair Kit
GrandPitstop Puncture Repair Kit designed to use in an emergency such as on the roadside. If your tire punctured in any rural area, you could fix your tire with this kit in a short time. The most compact parts with the DIY facility can provide the best service to the bike users.
- Parts: Here, you find the minimum number of kits with the most utilized facilities. You get a reamer, cutter, plugger, probe, six mushroom plugs, and nozzle in a small bag.
- Usages: You can use the kit for your motorcycle only. All types of tubeless motorbike tire like Suzuki, KTM, and Ducati can repair with the fixing tool. You can also fix your car tube. Tire inserting tools also included here.
- Quality and Compactness: The quality of GrandPtstop repairing parts is different from others. Like the tools made with stainless steel that is very light in use, corrosion-free, and long-lasting from other material. They used miniplug instead of the ANNEL key. It is the only puncher tool provider that offers the most compact bag pack to carry the tools.
How do you repair a punctured motorcycle tire With GrandPitstop?
The most crucial reason for buying GrandPitstop is the utilization of the parts. Here you find only six tools, but you can repair your bike puncture quickly with DIY. The most compacted bag helps to carry the tool bag everywhere.
Some people like compactness and fewer parts with excellent quality and utilization with the elements. GrandPitstop is such a tool that can help you to carry with you every time. The six tools help you to repair your bike punctured tube in a short time. Besides, the material quality and DIY facilities are preferable aspects.
#5. Hromee Tire Repair Tools Kit (56 Pieces)
Hromee is one of the best repair tools in the market, with 56 pieces of kits on a small compactable bag. A lot of distinctive features can provide you the best service when you face puncture issues on a roadside or an emergency.
- Parts: Hromee included 56 piece part with proper utilization. You find a six-inch needle nose plier, T-handle insert and spiral probe cement tool, tire pressure gauge, utility knife, rubber cement, 4-in-1 valve core tool, 30 piece brown repair strings, and valves.
- Usages: 56 piece repair kits can use on all types of bikes, cars, trucks, and lawnmowers. You can repair your puncture and insert your tire with Hromee refit kits.
- Quality and Compactness: The tools made with stainless steel which is corrosion free and light in weight. That’s why the devices are very user-friendly. All the tools carried on a small compacted bag that can take on your motorbike or whatever you want.
How To Repair A Motorcycle Tire With Hromee Kit?
It is a complete package of tire repair kits in the market. All the tools to remove your tire and insert added here. Extra pressure gauge added to measure the pressure, whether that is ok or not. You can weigh up to 32 PSI. You can use the repair kit even you are applying for the first time.
56 Pieces contained tire repair kit can provide all the services regarding tire repairing. The stainless steel made tools with the proper utilized compacted box can help you in any situation on the roadside or where ever you want. Pressure gauge with 32 PSI is a unique feature that others cannot offer.
So, if you’re going to refit your tire while puncturing on a crucial situation and need to repair within a short time, then Hromee can be your best friend.
What to remember after finishing
You have to remember some severe issues after finishing tire repair.
Look at the gauge meter attentively so that you can read the actual air pressure into tires.
Reading a low PSI level must consider as a serious issue.
You cannot ride a bike having below 30 PSI. If you ride bikes in this condition, surely you are near to severe damages.
Wait for 15 to 30 minutes after the repair. The glue and string take time to set in tires.
Arrange motorcycle tire repair kit tubeless as it is. Put it in the right place where it was.
Benefits of having a Motorcycle puncture repair kit
We cannot measure the importance of a motorcycle puncture kit in a single word. Already if you have enclosed all the necessary information above.
To have a safe ride or long tour, you must have a tire repair kit.
Nobody can predict the future that what will happen in your journey. But we can arrange our necessary commodities on our bike.
You can repair flat tires within just 30 minutes using a portable repair kit.
To avoid unwanted nightmare in the middle of our journey, you just need a repair kit.
Motorcycle tire repair kit Halfords serve you in many ways not only just repairing flat tire but also some extra work.
Besides, you may need to check air pressure every day. If you have this kit, you can use the gauge of the kit without buying another one.
How to check flat tires
Checking flat tires is not a hard task. You have to open your ears and have experience of riding a bike.
At first, you can notice that your motorbike speed is decreasing. It may shake you or stop suddenly.
Can you hear an extra sound coming from the road or backside? If yes, you are going to have a flat tire immediately.
Mostly, you may get a flat tire in the very morning when you are about to leave for a ride.
Check tires every day before you leave for your office or ride.
Causes of puncture
Don’t be hyper knowing the reasons for having an unwanted puncture in the main time.
It is impossible to predict an accident and unwanted circumstances. However, it is possible to be aware of future problems.
I have enlisted some major reasons that may cause tire puncture.
- Extreme heat: You cannot identify one definite reason for causing tire puncture. The present age is a world of global warming. Tires heat up riding in the road normally. Sunrays make road extreme heat. Tires absorb this heat and begin to mild. Any silly force against the tire may cause a puncture.
- Insufficient air pressure: You cannot see the condition of air in tires. You just ride normally as a routine. You must know that insufficient air pressure may force tires to go flat.
On the other hand, Low or high air pressure may damage tires so badly.
- Valve cap leakage: Generally, we go to the garage to add air into tires. They use a heavy air compressor that creates intolerable force. Adding air into tires by this extreme force may damage the valve cap. The valve cap is a major part of a tire. If it happens to you, it pains a lot to repair.
- Bad road condition: The fitness of a bike mostly depends on the road condition. One cannot save his motorbike from this condition. You must ride on this crushed road. Bad road conditions may cause tire flat as well as damage other parts.
- Sharp object: Sharp object is the worst criminal to a tire. It can cause a sudden epidemic in your presence.
Sharp objects are tiny in size that’s why we cannot see it at a glance. It causes more problems when it goes deeper into your tire.
- Rocky Mountain: Roads beside mountains are just like a storehouse of rocks. Rock can be sharp enough to cause damages to tires. Tiny rocks get in tires and create extra pressure. These rocks decrease the lifetime of tires also.
- Lack of regular checking: We are always busy with this busy world. You are minding only on your physical and commercial business. As an important part of a motorbike, it needs regular check-ups. We don’t change tires on time which brings us a flat tire.
How to avoid tire puncture
Who wants a puncture in the morning?
Although you have to ride a motorbike regularly, you can prevent tire puncture just following some basic rules.
Slow down your bike in bad roads: Have you noticed on speed meter how was the speed? You never notice speed range paying attention to your goal to reach.
Feel the condition of the road and maintain the speed suitable for this pavement.
Check air pressure regularly: Before going to a long ride, don’t forget to check air pressure. You have to keep the exact amount of air pressure (30 to 35) PSI in tires.
A motorcycle puncture repair kit has a gauge that may help you to check the air pressure in just a while.
Puncture-proof tires: You can use puncture-proof tires in the present time. It can prevent going flat from small rocks, sharp objects, and many other things.
Avoid riding in extreme heat: Do not ride in extreme heat when the sun is above your head. Extreme heat may cause tire blasting.
Take rest in long drive: Let bike’s tire cool down. Tires heat up by the force of road and wheel. If you get some rest for 15 to 30 minutes, tires may cool down the temperature.
Try to follow the instructions.
Bottom line: Accident does not come calling you over the phone. As I said you might experience flat tires for several reasons, you can’t follow one single instruction.
Carry the best motorcycle tire repair kit always and be safe all the time. Enjoy riding.