A big downside of motorcycles and bicycles is that they don’t have a lot of storage space. A vintage motorcycle such as a Harley Davidson ride is without a doubt one of the most adventurous experiences you can have while watching the wind flow through your hair and the engine rumble under your feet as you are riding it.
Saddlebags in Harley Davidson Motorcycle
No matter what kind of ride you are going on, whether you are taking a cross-country trip, or you are stepping out to pick up groceries, you will need some luggage options, and a saddlebag is one of the best options you could have. As one of the best solutions to the problem of storing motorcycles, saddlebags are one of the best solutions due to very simple reasons:-
- The Saddlebag is much cheaper than a car, so it will save you a lot of money.
- The second benefit is that they can be mounted and removed extremely easily.
- When you are going out on a long road trip on a motorcycle, you will find a saddlebag of great importance to carry along with you.
- Bike saddlebags are great for carrying emergency supplies like flashlights, tool kits, tire repair kits safety gear, and rain gear.
Types of Saddlebags for Harley Davidson bike
When it comes to motorcycle saddlebags, you have three main types to choose from long-distance, short-distance, or daily basis.
Soft saddlebag type
A wide variety of styles and sizes are available for soft saddlebags, and they are available to suit motorcycles of all types and sizes, as well as to suit your requirements. Typically hard saddlebags are made of leather or strong synthetic fibers made of both strong and durable materials.
Despite the fact that some soft saddlebags are waterproof, most of them come with a rain cover that you can slip on or some other type of protection for the saddlebag when it is wet. Mounting brackets are not used to attach soft saddlebags directly to your motorcycle when they are mounted.
In these bags, you place them over or under the seat of your bike and they have yokes or dual straps running between them to mount them into the bike so that they do not disengage. It is advisable to attach a heat shield to the soft saddlebags if they are too close to the mufflers.
Leather Saddlebag type
Saddlebags made of leather occupy a special space between hard and soft saddlebags. For the majority of riders on cruiser-style motorcycles, these are the best saddlebags. Some leather bag designs incorporate a thick leather yoke that you place over or under your motorbike seat in between the two bags.
Hard Saddlebag type
There are many types of hard bags available on the market today and different types come with different characteristics, such as waterproofing, locking capabilities, and their ability to protect in the event of dropping.
As a road-trip enthusiast, you know the importance of having dry stuff after a really long, wet day of touring when you have been on the road for many miles. You can leave your luggage in a locked compartment if you use these luggage bags since they feature a lockable feature that keeps your luggage out of sight.
Plastic and fiberglass are commonly used to create saddlebags. You may also buy incredibly robust and spacious hard backpacks made of stainless steel or even aluminum. Some hard saddlebags open from the top, while others open like a suitcase.
- ① Motorcycle Saddlebags are made from 100% waterproof and durable...
- ② The saddlebag's clean lines and uncluttered slanted styling compliments...
- ③ These saddlebags are very secure and convenient to open.
- ④ Quick release buckles help you to save time by providing quick access...
- ⑤ Each motorcycle saddlebag has a metal frame reinforced hard body that...
Saddlebag detachment issues especially for Harley Davidson
Even if you are not into bikes you will be aware of the famous American motorcycle the Harley Davidson. And usually, riders cannot, or better to say do not want to compromise on the saddlebags of Harley Davidson motorbikes since they are like runway models in the motorbike market.
Speaking of the saddlebags, detachment issues regarding the saddlebags can be a common issue for any motorist not only in Harley Davidson. Saddlebags as discussed can be of a few categories; hard, leather, and soft saddlebags. So, if you are always facing the same problem may be the installation of the saddlebag is faulty.
Tips for the installation of the saddlebag in your Harley Davidson
Installing the bag on your bike is not quite as difficult as it seems, provided you follow some simple instructions which are as follows:-
- Make sure that the saddlebag size is right for your bike, and that the bags are well cleared of the exhaust.
- Also, make sure they are properly secured using their tie-down points or brackets if a bracket is being used.
- Your saddlebags are your most valuable possession, so you want to keep moving parts and exhausts away from them.
Proper tips for using the Saddleback
- Two parallel leather straps may be seen if you look at the saddlebags’ backside. They let you set your saddlebag at the desired height as well as anchor the bag’s upper portion.
- By placing the straps through the appropriate slots, you can adjust the saddlebag’s height.
- As a final step, the straps are looped around an anchor that can be either an element of your bike or saddlebag holders, such as a rail.
- SPECIAL SHAPE and UPGRADE STRAPS:3D shell saddle bag with wave cushion...
- RAINPROOF:Waterproof fabric with taped zipper for rain.Do not soak this...
- EASY TO INSTALL:2 stickup straps and a rubber buckle simplify mount...
- NIGHT VISIBILITY:Reflective strap around the seat bag to increase night...
- QUALITY GUARANRTEE and friendly customer service. Any questions during...
Ideal characteristics of a Saddlebags
In general, the more expensive the Harley Davidson saddlebags you purchase, the longer they will last and the more use you will be able to get out of them for the rest of your life.
The best way to ensure that you are choosing a product that has been highly rated by customers and has a strong brand reputation is to make sure that it has received positive reviews.
It is important that you carefully consider the size of your saddle bag since the only purpose of add-on luggage is to increase the amount of storage your ride will be able to provide.
As long as your saddlebag is big enough, you should be able to fit everything that you own, including your riding gear, tools, and other items. The size of a bike determines whether or not you can fit a saddlebag on it, and smaller bikes do not have the capacity to do so.
Dust and water resistance
Water-resistance and dust-resistance properties are also desirable because they keep your clothes, as well as other items, from getting wet even in wet or dry weather conditions.